Conservation & Recycling
The Greener Choice to Burial or Flame Cremation
Flameless Cremation offers families the opportunity to make a lasting contribution to the environment on behalf of their loved one by making a decision that saves energy and reduces pollution.
The process uses WATER instead of fire to bring the body back to the eco-system, for a truly green process
- Uses 85% less energy than a traditional flame cremation
- Medical implants, which melt in cremation or are lost due to burial, are not affected and are recycled
- No burning of caskets or fossil fuels
No mercury pollution released from dental fillings
The carbon footprint is less than 1/10 of a flame cremation
No trees cut down for caskets or for burial land
- Ashes returned to the family
Hosting a clothing drive is a great way to recycle used clothing, keeping it out of the landfill while easily raising money for your organization. We provide easy fundraising opportunities for churches, charities, synagogues, schools, boy scout troops, girl scout troops, athletic clubs or community organizations. We will help you to create this easy project to benefit your organization with no financial obligation on your part.
When you use a 100% Organic Cotton eco•ditty bag to carry your perishable and dry food items, you're keeping a plastic sack out of the landfill and dangerous toxins like BPA and PVC out of your body. eco•ditty bags can be washed and reused 100’s of times, saving money and reducing plastic waste.
• 100% Organic Cotton fabrics
• Made in Colorado
• Wash by hand, machine or dishwasher
• No synthetics, plastics or chemicals touching your food
go dotty go began as a simple, homemade Christmas gift, and has grown into an eclectic line of clothing accessories and decor items. It started with an experiment (what can I make with some old wool sweaters?), that ended up as a really cute scarf. The scarf led to Hand Hotties and Coffee Cardigans...and then spiraled out of control.
Today, go dotty go makes not only wool winter scarves, fingerless gloves and coffee cozies, but also hot pads, brooches, Christmas garland, keyhole scarves, t-shirt infinity scarves and wine sleeves.
All items are still made from repurposed sweaters and t-shirts, and still hand made in our home studio. We use as much of the material as possible, and the remaining material scraps are used by our kids to make dog beds for the local animal shelter.
Chicagoland's premiere "green"cloth diaper delivery service; cozy organic cotton diapers brought to the frontdoor. Our on-line Lil' Boutique offers natural products for mother and baby. Providing families convenience and a sustainable choice to diaper their babies.
"The Original" Steel Bottle, Klean Kanteen is a Certified B Corp, family owned and operated in Chico, CA. In 2004, Klean Kanteen introduced the first hydration bottle made from stainless steel to give people a safe, healthy alternative to plastic. Our commitment to you and the planet drives everything we do. From our stainless steel creations to the company we keep, we are committed to the task of making healthy, high-quality goods that will faithfully replace a lifetime of single-use items.
Eco-friendly glass art gifts including jewerly, accessories and housewares that benefit humans, animals and the earth through donation made to various environmental agencies and the use of recycled materials and packaging.
The Greatest Candle In The World is the one you make yourself!
Our company owns a patented technology which transforms used vegetable oil into candle wax within 2 minutes using a microwave (and removes all food odours). The process is simple, you add our special powder to your used vegetable oil, place it in the microwave for 2 minutes, take it out, stir it and pour it into any candle holder you wish to decorate. Allow 20 minutes for the wax to solidify and you have just transformed what was once waste into a beautifully scented carbon neutral candle.
We sell 2 things:
1. Ready made beautifully scented candles made from used cooking oil which are currently offered in 9 scents: Kaffir Lime Flower, Sandalwood, Darjeeling Flower, Clove and Cinnamon, Fig Milk, Fresh Grass, Spice Wood, Cassis & recently introduced Citronella (to combat mosquitoes and the west nile virus).
2. Candle Making kit which allows any individual, institution, restaurant, school, hotel and so forth to recycle their used cooking oil into beautifully scented candles rather than pouring their oil down their sink and contaminating our water supply. The kit includes our patented powder, wicks, wick holders and instructions. Our kits come in all 9 scents listed above and also a neutral scent which creates unscented candles for those people/businesses which would like the decorative accent without interfering with their ambience.
With origins dating back to 1992 in South Africa, The Green Glass Company has grown into the largest producer of reclaimed glassware in the world. Its unique and patented bottle to goblet conversion process allows re-purposing of the complete, reclaimed bottle.
The Nature Conservancy is a leading conservation organization working to protect lands and waters for nature and people.
- We've protected more than 119 million acres of land and thousands of miles of rivers — and we operate more than 100 marine conservation projects globally.
- We work in all 50 states and more than 35 countries.
- We address the most urgent conservation challenges.
We welcome all Green Festival attendees to stop by our booth to learn more.
A self-sustaining non-profit organization, which thrives on the donations of bicycles and volunteer power. Its mission is to empower people of developing countries with bicycles. Repaired, restored and recycled bicycles are sold locally to fund global shipments.Our goal is to be able to ship a container of bicycles each month to our friends in need the world over. Give an old bike a new home