Green Festival Exhibitors
Wilderness Awareness School
At Anake Outdoor School you experience 9 months of in-depth training in a powerful set of nature awareness, leadership, and wilderness survival skills. You are guided through field studies focused on:
• primitive wilderness survival skills
• wild edible plant preparations
• principles of leadership
• nature-based mentoring skills
• wildlife tracking techniques
• bird language studies
In your year you will develop a deep and intimate relationship with the natural world. This life-changing wilderness experience is grounded in a powerful, community-oriented philosophy of learning. Your year is informed by the legacy of indigenous cultures from around the world. Each experience is crafted around a cutting-edge understanding of our natural heritage as human beings.
Your adventures are based out of our beautiful campus in Duvall, WA. You travel on exciting expeditions throughout the year:
• across the Cascade mountains
• through the high deserts of eastern Washington
• among the sand dunes of Oregon
• under the redwoods of California
• and many more beautiful locations!
At Anake Outdoor School, you will develop the eyes, the ears, and the awareness with which to help our culture move forward into the future in a healthy and sustainable way.