About Green Festival
At Green Festival®, a project of Green America and Global Exchange, we're celebrating what's working in our communities and around the world - for people, business and the environment.
Think of Green Festival® as a walk through a sustainable community. It begins with finding solutions to help make our lives healthier-socially, economically and environmentally. Individuals, business and community leaders come together to discuss critical issues that impact us at home and abroad. Organizations and businesses showcase programs and products that restore the planet and all that inhabit it. Neighbor-to-neighbor connections are formed and skills are shared to empower people to create positive change in the world.
Join us at the nation's premier sustainability event, where you will see the best in green. Enjoy more than 125 renowned authors, leaders and educators; great how-to workshops; cutting-edge films; fun activities for kids; organic beer and wine; delicious vegetarian cuisine and diverse live music. Shop in our unique marketplace of more than 300 eco-friendly businesses-everything from all-natural body care products and organic cotton clothing to Fair Trade gifts and beautiful kitchen tiles made from renewable resources.
See the most recent developments in renewable energy and green technology; sample Fair Trade chocolate, tea, coffee and oils (yes, they really do taste better); and learn how to invest in your community, green your home and avoid products made without consideration of the earth or its people.
Recharge your batteries with all the hope, inspiration and practical ideas you'll find at the one and only Green Festival.
Green Festival® Facts:
- Green Festival® is the largest sustainability event in the world and continues to grow year after year.
- Green Festival® is the only green event that screens exhibitors for their commitment to sustainability, ecological balance and social justice using Green America's green business standards.
- Green Festival® walks its talk: each year it gets closer to being a zero-waste event.
Green America® is a not-for-profit membership organization founded in 1982. Our mission is to harness economic power—the strength of consumers, investors, businesses and the marketplace—to create a socially just and environmentally sustainable society. Become a Green America Member!
We work for a world where all people have enough, where all communities are healthy and safe, and where the bounty of the Earth is preserved for all the generations to come.
What Makes Green America® Unique
- We focus on economic strategies—economic action to solve social and environmental problems.
- We mobilize people in their economic roles—as consumers, investors, workers, business leaders.
- We empower people to take personal and collective action
- We work on issues of social justice and environmental responsibility. We see these issues as completely linked in the quest for a sustainable world. It’s what we mean when we say “green.”
- We work to stop abusive practices and to create healthy, just and sustainable practices.
Green America®’s Work Combines Four Powerful Strategies:
- Empowering individuals to make purchasing and investing choices that promote social justice and environmental sustainability;
- Demanding an end to corporate irresponsibility through collective economic action;
- Promoting green and fair trade business principles while building the market for businesses adhering to these principles;
- Building sustainable communities in the U.S. and abroad.
Global Exchange is a 22-year-old international human rights organization dedicated to promoting social, economic and environmental justice around the world. We envision a people-centered globalization that values the rights of workers and the health of the planet; that prioritizes international collaboration as central to ensuring peace; and that aims to create a local, green economy designed to embrace the diversity of our communities.
We educate people about what is really going on in the world, and we use a diverse range of educational methods.
- Reality Tours: We take thousands of people to more than 40 destinations around the world and equip them with skills and resources to get the word out when they return.
- Fair Trade Stores: We educate consumers while generating income for grassroots groups in dozens of countries.
- Green Alternatives Program: We prepare high school and college students for the green careers of the future.
- Corporate Pressure Campaigns: We press chocolate companies to purchase Fair Trade Certified cacao, and lobby college campuses to reduce their carbon footprints.
- Speakers Bureau and Media Outreach: We expose people to grassroots voices of the Global South that do not get into the corporate media.
- Published Books and Other Educational Materials: We provide the resources needed by grassroots leaders to educate and mobilize their constituents.
- Events Program: We produce events such as the Green Festival® and diverse local educational and cultural events.
For more detailed information: www.globalexchange.org or 800-497-1994