Meet and hear community leaders, cultural icons and reknowned visionaries, including: Rev. Jesse L. Jackson Sr., Van Jones, Amy Goodman, Dr. Benjamin Chavis, Karyn Calabrese, Reed Alexander, Jeffrey Smith, Laura Flanders, Greg Palast, William Ayers, Bernardine Dohrn, and a special satellite presentation from Bill McKibben.
Here's what you'll find:
- Find out about the dangers of GMOs and why your food choices are critically important.
- Celebrate World Fair Trade Day at the Fair Trade Stage.
- Learn how to homebrew and make your own mead at the DIY Stage.
- Get the latest in Chicago earth-friendly trends with the T.H.R.E.A.D.S. Eco-Fashion Show.
- Vote for your favorite local nonprofit to get the Ford Community Green Grant!
- Learn how to invest in local food, farms and rebuild our local economy.
- Take home tips to urban garden in your abode.
- Test drive the brand new FORD Focus Electric.
- Watch local celebrity chefs prepare healthy foods on a budget at the Good Food Stage.
- Bring the whole family for fun in the Green Kids Zone!
- Detoxify your home and school to keep your children safe and healthy.
- Enjoy a full weekend of free yoga and movement classes.
- Screen award-winning environmental films at the Sierra Club Green Cinema.
- Discuss the "do's" and "don'ts" of establishing, financing and marketing your green business.
- Sample and shop with the greenest businesses in your neighborhood.
Check out video from NYC Green Festival on Earth Day Weekend:
The final countdown to Chicago Green Festival has begun - see you at Navy Pier!