Main Stage speakers include:
- Van Jones - Founder, Ella Baker Center for Human Rights, Green For All & Rebuild the Dream Hub; Author of upcoming book, Rebuilding the Dream (on sale April 4th, 2012)
- Rev. Jesse L. Jackson, Sr. - Civil rights activist; Founder, Rainbow PUSH Coalition
- Jeffrey Smith - International bestselling author and leading spokesperson on the health dangers of Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs)
- Reed Alexander - Celebrity food activist; Actor; Founder, kewlbites.com
- Dr. Benjamin Chavis - Chairman and CEO, The Hip Hop Summit Action Network; civil rights leader and former NAACP Executive Director
- Amy Goodman - Award-winning investigative journalist; founder and host of Democracy Now!
- John Perkins - Founder of the Pachamama Alliance & Dream Change; Author of Confessions of an Economic Hitman and Hoodwinked
- Bernardine Dohrn - Human Rights activist, educator and author; former leader of Weather Underground and fugitive on the US "10 Most Wanted" list
- William Ayers - Former Distinguished Professor of Education and Senior University Scholar at the University of Illinois at Chicago; social justice, educational political author
- Bill McKibben - Author and environmental activist; Founder, 350.org
- Karyn Calabrese - Holistic health expert, restauranteur, author
- Greg Palast - Investigative journalist; bestselling author
- Laura Flanders - Author; Host of GRIT TV
Plan your schedule in advance as Main Stage seating will fill up fast!
Also, head to any of Green Festival's stages and pavilions and catch up with local authors, chefs, community leaders, educators and more! Sample culinary creations while learning kitchen secrets at the Good Food Stage.
Enjoy informative discussions and learn how to create, manage and market your green business at the Green Business Stage.
Learn about bringing an end to global injustices through your purchasing power at the Fair Trade Stage.
Learn brand new skills to take home at the DIY Stage.
Also, check out kids activities in the Green Kids Zone, FREE yoga classes at the Yoga and Movement Pavilion, environmental film shorts at the Sierra Club Green Cinema, and the T.H.R.E.A.D.S Eco-Fashion Show, presented by Conscious Living TV!
Get ready to gather and celebrate solutions at Chicago Green Festival May 5-6!