Chicago Green Festival is only days away - join us this weekend, May 18-19 at Navy Pier!
Connect with your local community to find ideas and innovations that help you take the next green steps in your life. A fun-packed program of speakers, exhibitors, films, eco-fashion designs, cooking demos, kid’s activities and more will inspire your actions to find sustainable solutions every day.
Navy Pier is located at 600 East Grand Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611. Green Festival is located in Hall A, the first of two halls towards the end of the pier.
Admission is affordable on any budget. Purchase your ticket online for a special discount price! Support Green Festival and get the full experience by purchasing a Fan Pass. Online ticket sales end Friday, May 17 at 5pm CST. You can also take advantage of free admission opportunities, including riding your bike to Navy Pier and using our Clif Bar Bike Valet, or bringing 3 cans of food to donate to the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
Plan ahead for presentations you want to catch and exhibitors you would like to see by viewing the Chicago Event Guide online. Look for the book icon to denote book signings immediately after presentations!
Here's what you'll find:
- Main Stage -: Join former MSNBC host Dylan Ratigan as he discusses his new mission to connect veterans with sustainable farming projects: "One Crop at A Time:" War Vets, Entrepreneurs and Farming
- Columbia College Chicago’s Fashion Studies Department - "Repurposed for a Purpose: An Eco-Fashion Show"
- Green Kids Zone - Saturday and Sunday:Curious kids and their grown ups can join the University of Illinois Extension Service Master Gardeners and Composters as they introduce a variety of creepy crawlies, and of course the vermiculture worms, in the Green Fest Kids Zone. The MGs and MCs will answer questions about these and other critters and, as an added bonus, this crack team of dedicated volunteers can also answer your most vexing gardening challenges. Also enjoy getting to know the animal world with Nature's Creatures Animal Show and Refuge for Wildlife.
- Mobile music by local DJ Roman Borochin and DJ Scott in the Beer and Wine Garden
- Yoga and Motion Pavilion - Saturday and Sunday: Full schedule of free Yoga classes, hosted by Moksha Yoga.
Don't forget to head to the Ford Pavilion and enjoy a test drive of their brand new electric and hybrid vehicle lineup, including the new Ford Electric Focus. Also, vote for your favorite local nonprofit to win a $5,000 Community Green Grant! You can VOTE ONLINE HERE all week and at the festival this weekend. Every vote counts, so support these great local nonprofits!
Can't make it to Navy Pier? Stay live with us all weekend online! Tune in via Facebook and Twitter, and give us a shout by tagging @GreenFestival or using the hashtag #GreenFest. If you are at the festival, be sure to share your favorite photos, products and speaker quotes with us!
Looking forward to sharing a spectacular weekend with everyone at Chicago Green Festival! See you there!