The Green Team is responsible for ensuring the Green Festival the “greenest” event in the country. Working on the Green Team provides volunteers with a rare opportunity to take direct action in waste mitigation. Volunteers educate Green Festival attendees on our resource recovery process, purpose and the impact proper disposal has on our diversion numbers.
The Green Team needs your help during the following shifts:
- Green Team, Saturday, May 5, 2:30pm-6:30pm
- Green Team Resource Recovery, Saturday, May 5, 5:30pm-9:00pm
- Green Team, Sunday, May 6, 10:15am-2:30pm
- Green Team Resource Recovery, Sunday, May 6, 6:00pm-10:30pm
At Green Festivals across the nation, Green Teams have achieved a 96% waste diversion, which means only 4% of all potential waste from each Green Festival actually went to a landfill!
We cannot achieve such high resource recovery rates without volunteer participation. We utilize over 350 volunteers during each Festival to staff our resource recovery stations and provide a final sort of all waste in the “back-of-house.
“Working on the Green Team is a tangible way to participate in saving the planet." says Green Team volunteer, Barbara Sanders. "You really know that you’re making a difference when you see all the waste that won’t be going to a landfill.”
Remember, each volunteer will enjoy:
- free admission all weekend
- an exclusive, recycled fiber event t-shirt from SustainU
- snacks, a free coat check and relaxation in the Volunteer Lounge
- free memberships in Green America and Global Exchange
- 10% discount in the Green America and Global Exchange festival stores
For more info about Greening the Festivals and the Green Team visit: http://www.greenfestivals.org/greening-the-festival/