The Sustainable Business Committee of the Columbia Business School Alumni Club of New York invites you to…
MAKING GREEN FROM GREEN
Swap, Don’t Shop: Making Green in the Sharing Economy
From Stephen Colbert’s Toasterster to Peer-to-Peer banking, collaborative consumption is changing the way we think about ownership and opportunity. Join us as a new generation of entrepreneurs reveals how they capitalize on helping consumers share, sell, barter and swap their way to better lives in a world where access trumps ownership.
Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 6:00PM
REGISTRATION IS OPEN NOW: http://www.cbsacny.org/
- Cameron Tonkinwise, Ph.D., Chair, Design Thinking and Sustainability, School of Design Strategies, Parsons
- Adam Black, Founder/CEO, KeyWifi.com
- Jennifer Lee (CBS ’08), Founder, ClosetRaid.co
- Odile Beniflah, Senior Product Manager, Carpooling.com
- Ron J. Williams, CEO, SnapGoods.com
REGIFT SWAP. Bring a regift. Take a regift. What is gathering dust at home may be just what someone else needs! Bring an unwrapped new, or gently used, regift (value $25 or under) to swap with others during the networking event. Unclaimed gifts will be donated to Housing Works.
EXCLUSIVE RECEPTION EXTRAS
- Sustainable Local Food provided by biochef Ula Robertson and At Your Service Catering , Food Sponsor for Season 3 of Making Green from Green.
- Valuable ideas and advice from Green Entrepreneur and Career Coach, Stefan Doering
- Innovative shapers of the Sharing Economy: KeyWifi.com, Carpooling.com, Green Spaces and more
Agenda, Tuesday, April 24, 2012
- 6:00 – 6:30pm Doors Open and Early Networking
- 6:30 – 8:00pm Program
- 8:00 – 9:30pm Reception and Networking
300 Madison Avenue, PwC Auditorium (SW Corner of 42nd Street)
$25 for CBSACNY, MCC Members & Students; $40 for non-members; $60 at the door
MAKING GREEN FROM GREEN
Season 3 Certificate Program on Sustainable Business
Attend four out of six MAKING GREEN FROM GREEN events through June 2012 and earn a Certificate. Future topics: Transportation (May 17) and Green and the 2012 Election (June 12).
For more information: www.cbsacny.org or sustainablebusiness@cbsacny.
NON-MEMBERS and WALK-INS WELCOME (photo ID required)
Special thanks to GreenSpaces, Green Resources Forum, and Industrial Designers Society of America/NYC Chapter, media sponsors for this event. Many thanks to PwC, our MAKING GREEN FROM GREEN Season 3 sponsor, for hosting the event series. Many thanks to McLaren Engineering Group for hosting Sustainable Business Committee meetings and to Manhattan Chamber of Commerce for their support.
This event was organized by Jacquie Ottman, Jeff Dubin, Brent Peich, Nicole Rousseau and the Sustainable Business Committee.