“A hot June sun glared over the Arroyo Arenas organic vegetable garden at the edge of Havana where Ms. Slezak, a 68-year-old retired social worker from Long Island, and 16 other Americans were visiting as part of a “food sovereignty” program organized by Global Exchange, a human rights organization, and Food First, a policy institute.”
Posts Tagged research
Organic Food Club, Inc., dba Taste-A-Thon has over 35 years experience in the organic and natural food industry. We have strived to gain exposure in the desirable and highly targeted Green and sustainable market by providing the public with the opportunity to “taste before they buy” (our motto) at mass-marketed events, schools and farmer’s markets.
The Taste-A-Thon concept has been a lively and popular attraction for over twenty-three years. We are proud of the fact that our booths are consistently busy with people waiting to taste and sample our foods throughout the day. Taste-A-Thons are located in cities where retail merchants sell the products we sample. In addition, by handing out product information and coupons, this is a powerful way to increase the retailer’s customer base.
Recently, we have implemented www.OrganicFoodClub.com, an Amazon (online) Store, conveniently organized for an easy accessible shopping experience. One click and you can select over 30 alphabetized categories, ranging from baby products to sweeteners and syrups, including dips & spreads, snack bars, energy beverages and gluten free cookies, etc. Amazon’s healthy organic product pricing is practically impossible to match due to their massive economies of scale. We urge you to check our low prices and compare to where you buy your healthy organic products now.
Our involvement in the Green Festivals began in 2007 in San Francisco, CA, and we have since participated each year. This month at the Chicago Green Festival, we will be sampling products from the following companies:
- Santa Cruz Organic / RW Knudsen (organic juices, sodas, peanut butter, jelly and applesauce);
- Lisanatti Foods (alternative organic soy and almond-based cheeses);
- Lifeway Foods (local organic / natural kefir beverages);
- Follow Your Heart / Earth Island (vegan soy organic cream cheese, salad dressings, mayonnaise, cheeses);
- Alvarado Street Bakery (organic sprouted variety of breads and bagels);
- Tiny Mighty Popcorn (organic popcorn);
- Raw Indulgence (organic fruit and nut snack bars);
- Food For Life Bakery (organic gluten free english muffins, cereals and veggie burgers);
- Earth Friendly Products (plant-based household cleaning products);
- Lundberg Family Farms (organic rice cakes and chips);
- San-J (organic tamari samples and sauces);
- Sunshine Burger (organic vegan burgers);
- Michael Seasons Natural Snacks (organic corn curls and chips);
- Dr. Kracker (assorted organic flatbread crackers); and
- Others to come.
Our newest company, Taste Marketing, Inc. dba Organic Produce Box has created a fundraising opportunity for schools, organizations, businesses, or an individual. This program makes it possible to conveniently purchase certified organic produce that is affordable and fresher than store bought. We are currently looking for new pickup locations for a minimum of 25 people / families to order these boxes. Please visit www.organicproducebox.com for more information, or contact 773-331-0260. Stop by the Taste-A-Thon booth.
Finally, we have aligned our efforts with community action/non-profit organizations such as Farm Aid and the Organic Farming Research Foundation. It is through their generous donations that we continue to create fundraising campaigns which set us apart from any other consumer direct marketing company. We are extremely pleased with our donation concept, as it has raised thousands of dollars over the last several years.
For more information contact:
Ed Kugler, Taste-a-thon Founder