OPEN H O U S E
Thursday October 6th, 6pm
Global Exchange Office
2017 Mission St.
San Francisco, CA 94110 (16th Mission St. Bart) (map)
Free event with Latin refreshments, specialty cocktails, games and prizes, prize drawing and music by
the Típica Cubana band, Los Soneros de Acero
RSVP on Facebook
Support Global Exchange
Buy Your Prize Drawing Tickets Today
Deadline for online purchases is end of day Wednesday Oct 5!
Come celebrate 23 years of activism and social change with Global Exchange!!!
Since our founding in 1988, we have been furthering the cause of peace and justice, incubating
innovative grassroots campaigns and building people-to-people ties.
Help support our work by purchasing your Prize Drawing Tickets Today.
(need not be present to win). $10/each or 6/$50.
- Grand Prize: $1000 toward a Reality Tour of your choice – our destinations include upcoming trips to
Cuba and Egypt
- Weekend Stay for two at Big Sur Getaways
- Dinner with GX co-founder, Kevin Danaher, at Gracias Madre
- Camping weekend for two at Harbin Hot Springs
- Two all access VIP passes to the Arab Film Festival
(tickets to 46 films + the VIP opening night gala)
- Signed print by Oakland based artist Favianna Rodriguez
- Child’s Sakuut Kids Balance Bicycle from Noe Valley Cyclery
- Two-tickets for cocktails and fun at the Tenderloin Neighborhood Development
Corporation’s Celebrity Pool Toss (poolside at the Phoenix Hotel)
- $100 Gift certificate to Embodies Organic Boutique
- $50.00 Gift certificate to Urban Bazaar
- Timbuk2 Messenger Bag
- Organic Make-Up from Dirty Beauty
- Wine tasting at Cline Cellars in Sonoma, CA
- Two-year subscription to Mother Jones Magazine
- A beautiful tapestry hand-cut in Chiang Mai Thailand by Cali Kind Clothing Company
This year’s prize drawing is better than ever! From dining with a co-founder to traveling abroad,
Global Exchange advances human rights and builds people-to-people ties, through our events and
This year we are also highlighting our Cuba Reality Tours, and hosting a prize drawing for
$1000 discount of off our Cuba Reality Tour (or another tour of your choosing). In 1989 we launched
our first Cuba RT, called “Cuba at a Crossroads.” Over the next 22 years we have continued to organize
trips that have become known as “the best New Year’s Eve party you’ll ever go to.”
This year’s December 27, 2011-January 5, 2012 trips are:
- Sustainable Cuba New Years: Health Care and Alternative Healing
- Sustainable Cuba New Years: Public Education: A Legacy of Literacy and Learning
- Sustainable Cuba New Years: Environmental Protection and Sustainable Development
- Sustainable Cuba New Years: Sustainable Architecture and Urban Planning
**when traveling to Cuba, some restrictions may apply
Also, great gifts and prizes Friend organizations— Anna Baltzer, National Organizer with the US
Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation, Arab Cultural and Community Center, Bi-Rite Market, Canaan
Fair Trade, City Lights Books, CIIS Public Programs & Performances, Hard French, Middle East
Children’s Alliance, United States Palestinian Community Network, SF MoMa, W.S. Badger & Company
Enjoy refreshing specialty cocktails—Viva Cubana Mojito and a Tequila Green Economy, as well as wine
from Cline Cellars, Beer provided by Drink Me magazine and the Uptown. Delicious Cuban and Latin food
provided by Work of Art Catering and Rainbow Grocery Cooperative.
Open House Program:
6:00 Self-guided Office Tours
6:20 Welcome by GX founders
7:00 Greetings and Program Updates by GX staff
7:30 Music and Dancing
8:30 PRIZE DRAWING!!!
For more information, please contact event coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 415.575.5543
Global Exchange would like to thank the following sponsors: